Key West

Key West was my least favorite stop on the trip. It was still fun but not as much as the others. We went on a trolley tour. We were able to get on and off the trolley at different stops and we did.

This was one of the spots where we got off. The Southernmost Point in Continental U.S.A.

This is a view from on top of a hotel in Key West.
There were some interesting things in Key West but most things cost money to go see so we just stuck with our trolley tour (it also cost us money). I would have liked to tour Ernest Hemmingway's house and see his six-toed cats. I don't think that Michelle had any interest at all though and I was happy to save my money for other things. We mostly just wandered around town and rode the trolley. By the end of the day I was ready to be back on the ship. The last trolley we were on was really packed and I couldn't handle being squished between hot sweaty people any longer. I think that my lack of sleep was hitting me too. By the time we got back on the ship I had a pretty bad headache. We had to be back quite early that day and it was probably a good thing. It wasn't long before my headache was making me nauseous. So I took two Advil and lied down for a couple of hours. I was interrupted at one point because my suitcase had arrived! I was so happy to see it. My headache eventually went away and since I'd missed lunch and still wasn't feeling 100% I ordered room service. It was good but not as good as the other meals.
That night on the ship we watched part of one of the shows after dinner. But it wasn't long before I decided that I would rather try to catch up on my sleep. I was determined to go to the gym the next morning so that I wouldn't come home fat and out of shape and unmotivated to continue with my running. The next day we arrived in Cozumel, Mexico.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home