Cruise
Well, I've been back from my trip for almost a week now. It was so nice to go away at this time of year. I haven't minded the rain as much this week because I had so much sun last week. The weather was excellent for our whole trip. I even have a tan to prove it. I had a really good time on the cruise and I'm already thinking that I want to go away again around this time next year. These first 3 pictures were all taken while we were in Cozumel. It wasn't our first stop on the trip but I thought that I should put some nice pictures in my first post.
Our cruise ship is the nearest one. The other one is Royal Carribean's largest ship. It was 1/2 the size of ours again. And they're currently building one that is even bigger. Apparently these two biggest ships are booked in advance for the next two years.
This is pretty much how I found Michelle when I arrived at the airport in Fort Lauderdale. We had both taken red-eye flights and were very tired. I had slept a bit on the planes but since I had to switch flights twice on the way there I only had 3-5 hrs each time to sleep. When I got to FLL I waited for my bags to arrive. One of them came quite quickly but the other one never appeared. When I asked about it I was told that another plane was coming in from Atlanta in an hour and that it might be on that plane. It wasn't. So we waited for the next plane and it wasn't there either. We didn't mind the waiting too much because we couldn't get on the ship right away anyway. We also just lied on the airport floor and slept while waiting. Well, Michelle slept, I kept waking up anytime someone nearby started talking. When my bag still did not arrive I talked to a very helpful lady, more so than the previous two people that I'd talked to. She discovered that my suitcase was still in Seattle. Luckily I had been advised by friends and family to put a few things in my carry-on just in case this happened. The suitcase that I was missing was the one that had all of my clothes in it. The one that I got had all of my hair stuff, make-up, nail polish (one of which broke and made the whole bag stink, the mess was thankfully contained to the small bag that I keep my nail polish in) etc..
We got on the ship without a problem and went in search of Michelle's sister Lynette. We didn't find her but talked to her on the phone and then took the advise of absolutely everyone we seemed to meet and went to get something to eat. Apparently that is the thing to do when you get on the ship, eat, eat, eat.
So our first day was spent in this order: eating, exploring the ship a bit, taking a nap, eating, exploring some more, playing pool (they have really neat pool tables that compensate for the movement of the ship), getting our room, putting stuff away (it didn't take me long as I didn't have much to put away), and then sleeping. We set sail around 5pm that evening and the next day we were in Key West, Florida.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home