Speed Dating!! AHHH!!
Yup, it's true. Becky and I actually went speed dating tonight. It was her idea but she never expected that we would actually do it. The problem is that once I decide something I will go through with it and so we both ended up doing something that was scary and that we weren't sure we wanted to do. It went well though. It was actually kind of fun. There were only a couple of weird ones in which we were eager for the time to pass. We had three minutes with each guy and for the most part it was not enough. The reason that I actually agreed to do this was because we are going to be organizing our own Christian speed dating through our church. So we needed to do research. I wasn't planning on marking anyone as a 'yes' on my sheet but after talking to Becky about it she convinced me that we should. So I figured that I might as well. It's probably good practise for me. But Becky admitted that she felt braver about that beforehand. I marked off 5 people that I thought seemed nice and she was ready to not mark off any until she found out that I had marked off some. So she went over her sheet and picked the ones that she liked more than others and I think she ended up with 6 or 7. There are a couple that are friends and we're hoping that maybe it will work out that we can all go out together if it gets to that point. Then it won't be quite so weird and awkward hopefully. But I think that both of us are secretly hoping that the people we chose did not also choose us.
I've been having an interesting time with a guy from work lately. Basically he asked me out but I didn't realize that it was meant as a date. When I started to get the hint I told him that I'm not interested in him that way. He understood and let me know that I was correct in thinking that he is interested in me. We still went out for coffee and have also gone out for supper once. We've talked about it all a bit more. Basically in our last conversation he said that he doesn't think that guys and girls can just be friends. He figures it's okay for us to hang out because I know how he feels and he knows how I feel, so it's fine. But he's also hoping that I may change my mind. I'm quite sure that I won't. So, then I wonder why he would do this to himself. He's only setting himself up for disappointment. And am I still kind of leading him on by answering/returning his calls and occasionally doing something with him? At first I was okay with it all because everything was out in the open but now it's all starting to bother me a bit despite that. I'm going to have to say something more about it soon I think.
I've put a couple of pictures up of Brig and I since it feels like forever since I've had anything new of me riding. He's been doing well and behaving decently. He hasn't done anything dangerous lately. He's also going out on pasture 2 mornings a week now so that will give him a chance to run around and burn off some more energy. I'm still loving my lessons. I really look forward to them. One of the boarders at the barn has asked me if I will ride her mare for her a couple of days a week. So that will probably almost cover the cost of my lessons.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home