Sunday, February 04, 2007

1/2 Marathon???

I think that I've decided to try to do a half marathon in June. One of my friends sent an e-mail out to all her runner friends saying that she was going to do it and inviting all of us to join her. I have always thought that I would like to do one some day but 'some day' was always far away. Well now it might be June 24! I have been running a couple of times a week lately and I'm up to about 8km right now (no hills yet). I'm trying to get ready right now for the Sun Run (10km) in April. I figure that since I'm already up to 8km I have plenty of time to prepare for both the Sun Run and the half marathon (21.1km). I sure hope that I can do it. My friends, who I believe run at a similar pace as I do, usually finish a half marathon in about 2hr 15min. Apparently this one in June has a lot of downhill and not much uphill so that makes me happy and helps to motivate me. My roommate in May will be training for it so hopefully we will be able to train together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home